The mission of Career and Technical Education is to help empower students to be successful citizens, workers, and leaders in a global economy. Programs in career and technical education are designed to contribute to the broad educational achievements of students. We want to ensure all students graduate from high school ready for college and careers.
CTE works to:
- Prepare students for further career-technical education.
- Prepare students for initial employment.
- Assist in making educational and occupational decisions.
- Apply and reinforce related learning from other disciplines.
- Prepare students to make informed consumer decisions and apply practical life skills.
- Assist persons who have academic, socioeconomic, and/or other disadvantages or handicaps that prevent them from succeeding in career-technical education.
- Provide career guidance to assist students in making informed career decisions.
- Work with and operate effectively within social organizations and technological systems.
- Work with a variety of technologies.
- Contribute to the development of reading, writing, listening, speaking, and mathematical systems.
- Contribute to the development of thinking creatively, making decisions, solving problems, and reasoning.