(NCLD) has created this Parent Guide to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) so parents can become informed and effective partners with school personnel in supporting their child's special learning and behavioral needs. Use this IDEA Parent Guide to understand:
- How the federal law generally works in most states
- What the law requires to determine whether your child has a learning disability
- What is new to IDEA since Congress last updated the law in 2004
- What questions you should ask and what information you should prepare in order to be a full and active advocate for your child
- What resources are available to you.