Enrollment / Registration » Student Transfer Requests

Student Transfer Requests

Process and Deadlines for Student Transfer Requests

  • All student transfer requests must be submitted by February 28.
  • All student transfer request must be renewed annually.
  • All student transfer requests are reviewed by a district committee.
  • All student transfer requests must be approved by the Nash County Board of Education.   
    • Approval is based on School Board Policy and available space at the requested school.  

NCPS Board Policy 4150 School Assignment 


Student Transfer Request - Non-Employee

Parents seeking to enroll their child in a school outside of their attendance zone (school assignment based on residence) must complete the Student Transfer Request Form below.  If your child is interested in participating in athletics, please complete the Athletic Waiver Request Form and submit it as well.  Requests will be considered for approval based on the school board policy and available space at the school requested.  Submit all forms to Barbara Harvey, Administrative Assistant for Student Services at 930 Eastern Ave., Nashville, NC 27856.   

Student Transfer Request - Employee 

Transfer requests for employees will be based on the options outlined at the link below.   

Tuition Transfer Students  

Students living outside of the NCPS attendance zone can request to attend school in the district as a tuition student.  The student's assignment will be determined by the school district.  

Release for Parents Seeking Enrollment Outside of NCPS

The following release form must be completed and approved by the Board of Education prior to students that reside in the NCPS to be released to attend schools outside the district. 

If you have questions or need assistance, contact the Student Services Department.

Phone: 252.462.2515

Email:  Barbara Harvey - [email protected]